White Hofner Violin Icon Bass Limited Edition

(Video below - www.guitarheroesgear.com)

Has anyone seen a Hofner violin bass in white? Hofner violin basses from the 60's have gone up in value, same as alot of vintage guitars. The Hofner violin bass was made famous by Paul McCartney from The Beatles and anyone who uses it can't escape the comparison and announcing that they are a Paul McCartney fan when using the Hofner violin bass.


I first saw a WHITE violin shaped guitar from Paul Gilbert who asked Ibanez to make him one, of course he was influenced by Paul McCartney's original sunburst Hofner Violin bass aswell. Hofner produced it's icon series and produced alternative colours as limited editions, one of the colours was white, and with the pearloid like scratch plate, I had to get one. The picture is of my personal bass which I just got. I'm so proud and excited about my purchase I wanted to tell the world, so I'm using this site, hope everyone doesn't mind.

Why I got the White Hofner Icon violin bass
After joining as the bassist for a band I needed a bass, and wanted something to stand out. My first thought was for a Fender P bass, it's a classic and can't go wrong, but it's so common I wanted something different, sure the playability and tone of the Fender P bass was gonna be a sure bet, but it wasn't for me. The next iconic bass that came to mind was Musicman stingray bass, now this is a seriously cool bass, but as I just started as a bassist I didn't want to fork out so much money, I haven't even got my Les Paul yet! Then thinking back to my bass heroes I looked up Hofner violin basses and came across the Limited Edition Hofner icon bass in white. No hesitation, bought it, in the post, and now arrived. Love it.

As I mentioned the Paul Gilbert white violin 6 string by Ibanez, and after all the site is about guitar heroes and there gear, heres a video clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Guitarist

(updates 06/09,)
Barney Kessel (1)........ Billy Morrison (1)........ Billy Sheehan (2)......... Brian May (1)............... Bumblefoot (3) ............ David Gilmour (1) ....... Dimarzio (4)................ Dimebag (1)................ Duff Mckagan (1) ........ Eddie Van Halen (1).... Edge (2) ......................... Eric Clapton (2).......
Eric Johnson (1) ........... Gary Moore (4) ......... George Benson (1) ....... George Harrison (1).... George Lynch (3).......... Herman Li (1)............. Jeff Beck (2) ................ Jim Root (1).......... Jimmy Page (2) ........... Joe Perry (1) ..............
Joe Satriani (3)............. John Mayer (2) ......... John Petrucci (3)......... Kirk Hammett (2)..... Mark Knopfler (1) ...... Nuno Bettencourt (1).. Randy Rhoads (1).... Ritchie Blackmore (2) Ronnie Wood (1)........ Slash (5) ................ Steve Vai (8) ..........Stevie Ray Vaughan (2) Tom Hamilton (2).... Tom Morello (1)......
Yngwie Malmsteen (4) Zakk Wylde (2).........