Gibson Les Paul Axcess - Floyd Rose Trem with Dave Amato


So Gibson released a Les Paul with a Floyd Trem in 2008, the Gibson Les Paul Axcess, it's got the tone qualities of a Les Paul with the added fun and functionality of a Floyd Trem.

I have to admit I'm a Les Paul fan, when I was younger my brother bought a Ibanez RG with a Floyd Rose I wished my guitar had a Floyd Rose aswell, I didn't like the neck and feel of the Ibanez but wanted that Floyd Rose on my comfortable Les Paul, I dreamt that one day I'll get a Gibson Les Paul and mod it with a Floyd Rose, I think I've seen Eddie Van Halen with one before aswell. Now Gibson has done the job for me and released the guitar.

The Gibson Les Paul Axcess, apart from having a Floyd Rose has a few other differences, the neck joint with the body has cutaway in it for easier access to the higher frets (I guess thats partly why they call it "Axcess"), and the body is a bit thinner to allow the Floyd Rose to be fitted better.

On the Gibson Youtube Channel, Dave Amato from R.E.O Speedwagons demonstrates the guitar and some features he likes about it. Check out the video

(if you cannot see the video please refresh the page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Guitarist

(updates 06/09,)
Barney Kessel (1)........ Billy Morrison (1)........ Billy Sheehan (2)......... Brian May (1)............... Bumblefoot (3) ............ David Gilmour (1) ....... Dimarzio (4)................ Dimebag (1)................ Duff Mckagan (1) ........ Eddie Van Halen (1).... Edge (2) ......................... Eric Clapton (2).......
Eric Johnson (1) ........... Gary Moore (4) ......... George Benson (1) ....... George Harrison (1).... George Lynch (3).......... Herman Li (1)............. Jeff Beck (2) ................ Jim Root (1).......... Jimmy Page (2) ........... Joe Perry (1) ..............
Joe Satriani (3)............. John Mayer (2) ......... John Petrucci (3)......... Kirk Hammett (2)..... Mark Knopfler (1) ...... Nuno Bettencourt (1).. Randy Rhoads (1).... Ritchie Blackmore (2) Ronnie Wood (1)........ Slash (5) ................ Steve Vai (8) ..........Stevie Ray Vaughan (2) Tom Hamilton (2).... Tom Morello (1)......
Yngwie Malmsteen (4) Zakk Wylde (2).........