Stevie Ray Vaughan Gear Setup - Amps and Effects pedals,

The first video of Stevie Ray Vaughan Gear Setup. Here's a rare audio interview with Stevie Ray Vaughan talking about his guitars, amps, setup and gear. The audio interview isn't that clear, so I've typed out everything for everyone to read aswell. I'm not sure about when the interview took place or who is interviewing him, but it's a good indepth interview.

Heres Part 1

Interviewer: Do we still have time to talk?
SRV: Yeah
Interviewer: Do you think so? I'd like to talk alittle bit about your gear today,
SRV: OK
Interviewer: Uh, What kind of amplifiers do you use?
SRV: Well, I'm using two different kinds right now, uh, for a long time I used a combination of a bunch of things, um, well different... I used to use lots of Fender amps, I would use Super reverbs and Vibroverbs, along with Dumble, which are custom made amps. Now I've, I've gone to a smaller rig numbers wise, I'm using a Marshal Major amp powerhead (JCM 800), and a Dumble powerhead, which I'm not sure about the Wattage on, but they're both about the same, but it's an old Marshall, and this Dumble which is a custom made amp out of California, are you familiar with them?
Interviewer: Yeah, I heard about them and seen advertisements
SRV: OK, well, the Dumble that I'm using is a Steel String Singer, it's basically cleaner when it's not like a overdrive monster or anything, it's more like just a clear amp,
Interviewer: Yeah Yeah,
SRV: and I use two 4x12 cabinets
Interviwer: Yeah
SRV: and a Leslie (Fender Vibrotone Leslie Cabinet), thats all I'm using.
Interviewer: Ok, What kind of pedals do you use?
SRV: All I've always used is a Leslie and a Tubescreamer (Ibanez TS-9) right now, the reason I still use a Tubescreamer is because I haven't found anything that I like better, and I'm still looking, and a old Vox Wah Wah, and that's all, for pedals, every once in a while I'll try something new, if I like it I'll put it in or replace something with it, however to this day I still, at least dependability wise, and from day to day some, ......

Part 2 will be posted soon which will be about his guitars

(if you cannot see the video below, try to refresh the page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Guitarist

(updates 06/09,)
Barney Kessel (1)........ Billy Morrison (1)........ Billy Sheehan (2)......... Brian May (1)............... Bumblefoot (3) ............ David Gilmour (1) ....... Dimarzio (4)................ Dimebag (1)................ Duff Mckagan (1) ........ Eddie Van Halen (1).... Edge (2) ......................... Eric Clapton (2).......
Eric Johnson (1) ........... Gary Moore (4) ......... George Benson (1) ....... George Harrison (1).... George Lynch (3).......... Herman Li (1)............. Jeff Beck (2) ................ Jim Root (1).......... Jimmy Page (2) ........... Joe Perry (1) ..............
Joe Satriani (3)............. John Mayer (2) ......... John Petrucci (3)......... Kirk Hammett (2)..... Mark Knopfler (1) ...... Nuno Bettencourt (1).. Randy Rhoads (1).... Ritchie Blackmore (2) Ronnie Wood (1)........ Slash (5) ................ Steve Vai (8) ..........Stevie Ray Vaughan (2) Tom Hamilton (2).... Tom Morello (1)......
Yngwie Malmsteen (4) Zakk Wylde (2).........